Saturday, August 8, 2015

Calefaction


Calefaction
++++++++++++++++++++++

You are the Gauge,
That Measures My Summer,
All is Warm in Your Gaze,
A Heat that doesn't Swelter.

You Carry the Sun's Smile,
Into the Cold Depths of Winter,
I am Warmed in the Drifting Snow,
By Your Giggles' Shimmer,

The Melody of Your Voice,
Is the Pitter-Patter of Rain,
The Promise of a New Faith,
That Staves all Past Pain,

The Hint of Your Favour,
A Quotientless Question,
My Fears Fester Cold,
Amidst this Tall Bastion,

Just a Glance Toward,
Is What This Fool asks,
To Enlighten his Ignorance,
And Take His Fear to Task,

Save One from Himself,
Nature's Seasoned Queen,
Shine a Realmless Knight,
Back to an Unseen Gleam,

++++++++++++++++++++++



It's been a long time since I have written something like this. Time it seems, is relentless in its path forward. I have let it carry me along it's river without stopping to notice what is around me for a long time. This poem is homage to a Muse rediscovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you For your Thoughts...