Monday, January 31, 2011

The First Step

The first step, is always the most difficult. In the past months, the gaping hole in my life, has not been filled, neither has the weight on my shoulders lifted, but I feel different. I feel ready to heal again, bit by bit, one memory at a time.

We cannot change what happened in our lives, but we can when we are ready, take the first steps towards that long and arduous journey back up the water spout. Will the rain come again? Yes, it most likely will. Will we be washed back down, probably, but there's a reason one of the first rhymes we learn as a kid, is the "Itsy Bitsy Spider"; it carries a very important lesson for all of us, we can, and should always try again.

Can I forget what has transpired, no, that would be silly. Everything, that we go through, however painful, moulds us into who we are. No, I do not look within me for the solace to forget, rather, I dig deep for the strength, to gather up whats left, and make the most out of it. I will write, and muse, and maybe find enough of myself, to be a better Person.

These are my First Steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you For your Thoughts...