Tuesday, April 13, 2021


Katherine...

++++++++++++++++

Mom it’s another year
I don’t know how I got here,

But another one is gone,

And I can’t shake off this fear,


You gained a Grandson,

And Lord know’s he’s so fine,

I can’t begin to imagine,

A time before he was mine,


So many have gone,

We know that’s the price of time,

But life renews itself,

And that’s my faith and lifeline,


I wish you could see him,

And bounce him on your knee,

I see your love in his eyes,

And your laughter in his glee,


Yet it’s not all roses,

You know that’s life’s fee,

I wish I didn’t have the responsibility,

To bury all that’s dear to me,


Till we meet again ma,

When, I cannot be certain,

In all this pain and turmoil,

You are my only constant,


I don’t know what I’ll say ma,

If next year comes around,

Please help and guide us,

So we can all sleep sound.


+++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you For your Thoughts...