Saturday, April 13, 2019

In Memoriam, Katherine Perumal, 21 October 1946 - 13 April 2006

In Memoriam...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

Another turn of the calendar, 
I’ve not returned to these pages, 
I forgot I owned these words, 
Chafed by life’s starched edges,

Spring has come by again, 
On its winds a familiar susurrus, 
A pain that’s never left my heart, 
On its broken surface, a naevus,

It’s the 13th of April, 
13 Years from that day, 
A lot has come to pass since then, 
But your love will never be carried away,

I relive the smallest memories, 
Your life’s song preserved in mine, 
I see Your sacrifices sonorously, 
Awed by the mountains You climbed, 

I love You ma, 
I know You needed the rest, 
I miss You ad infinitum, 
Your words, when I’m not at my best,

I know You watch over us,
Loving and caring was always Your way, 
Turn Your eyes to them that need You, 
For now, that’s all I Pray…


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Ganesh J. Perumal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you For your Thoughts...