Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Familiar Page

A Familiar Page
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's that time of the Year again,
And Easter looms Near,
But it's Holy Thursday I remember,
When I lost that which I held most dear,

Today's unlike any that's past,
Its the memory that burns brightest,
When I held your hands for the last time,
And my world turned it's darkest,

Every year I've turned to this page,
Sometimes with a few smiles between,
It's a page that doesn't turn over,
A blank space only tears have seen,

Its the page that ended a story,
The story that truly defined me,
The tale of your limitless love,
My one and only Heroine,

As I write my own chapters,
In a world greatly lightened of love,
I try to give a little back of that stuff,
That you freely gave from your trove,

I often wonder what you're thinking,
If this path is the right one to tread,
I guess I'll never answer that quandary,
Until the coat of this Life, I've shed,

+++++++++++++++++++++++++




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you For your Thoughts...