Monday, June 22, 2009

The Certainty of Uncertainty


The only thing Certain, is Uncertainty.


I am sure i am not the first to put that out into the universe. It is an idea that despite its ubiquity is still not often embraced. Its irrefutable truth is abundant in these tumultuous times. It is almost a daily mantra, that one repeats religiously but faithlessly. Which is probably why, when inevitably the idea manifests itself, we still are caught off guard.

My personal favourite cliche, "The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men, Oft Go Astray..." Summarizes the aspirations of Uncertainty, as it manifests itself in its entirety. The contentious singularities of time and space, have little regard for us, the self cognizant microbes of the universe.

I'll keep this one short, a passing commentary if you will. Tempted as i am, I do not wish to engage in the frivolities of expressing such a fundamental phenomenon. However, i do hope, that in taking the effort to pen it, i not only attune myself to its vice-like grip on my life, but also, help you, recognize those marks on your wrist....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you For your Thoughts...